Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Q n A Time


What is Etsy?

According to Wikipedia, Etsy is...

... a website which provides the general public with a way to buy and sell handmade items, including art, photography, clothing, jewelry, and toys. The site follows in the tradition of open craft fairs, giving sellers personal storefronts where they list their goods for a fee.[1] It has been compared to "a crafty cross between Amazon, eBay",[2] and "your grandma's basement".


Why do I use Etsy?
I like to use Etsy for the following reasons:
*easy order tracking

*easy, fast checkouts

*free sign up for sellers & buyers

*fee-free purchasing for buyers

*automated check out

*cheaper than ebay

Is Etsy the *only* option for purchases?
No. Although I prefer using Etsy as a sales tool, it is not mandatory.
I also have a Facebook account you can find me at. Just click here.
OR, you can email me at stellabdesigns@yahoo.com
You are more than welcome to get in touch via any of the above avenues!
Do I do wholesale?
Beanies:
The largest order I have done, to date, is 10 crochet beanies. Seeing as how my costs are already pretty low, I was unable to go super low on the pricing. That, coupled with how long it takes to make the beanies make it difficult to do wholesaling. I am, however able to work on larger orders - given the buyer recognizes that I am a mommy to 3 and all crocheting is done in my spare time. (Spare time? Wha-??) =o)
Hair Clippies:
I could better manage larger orders for clips as they go together more quickly. Again, my pricing is already on the low side, so there is very little wiggle room.
Leg Warmers:
I am unable to do any type of wholesaling for leg warmers. Seeing as how I do all of my crafting on a smaller scale I only pick up one or two styles at a time. Perhaps, if business picks up, I would be able to do a little more in this area, but for now, the answer is "no".
Shipping & Handling:
The following are my current shipping and handling policies:
Beanies normally take just a couple of hours to make so some may ship within 48 hours of payment. However, if I have multiple orders or I have to order yarn (which happens a lot, since we're quite rural here and yarn selection is limited) shipping times may be up to 2 weeks after payment is received. I will do everything in my power to make sure your beanies make it to you as quickly as possible.
Hair Clippies and Leg Warmers will ship within 48 hours of payment unless otherwise posted.
Further Questions?!
Just leave me a comment, find me on Facebook, or email me!


No comments: