Friday, July 10, 2009

Favorite Things

Butt Freckles.
Yes, you heard me right and No, not those kind of butt freckles.
(Unless, of course, they're on baby bottoms)

However, these butt freckles have nothing almost nothing to do with butts.

You see, not too very long ago, I had no idea what a butt freckle was and as you can imagine, I was very intrigued - (as you probably are right now)- when I first heard "butt freckles". So I immediately followed links and this is what I found...





"What the-?!" I was thinking... just like I'm sure you are, now.

At first, my cynical nature took over and quite ignored the cute fuzziness and big eyeballs that were somewhat appealing. These simply did not make sense. What the heck are butt freckles?!

So, I began reading this deranged person's shop announcements, in which she writes... and I quote...

"I needed a creative outlet to keep my hands busy and my mind fresh. I created these little freckles to meet both of those needs."

Yeah, OK... I can see that, but what ARE butt freckles?

She addresses that, too...

"All freckles are snatched off quickly and with excessive force. They are then taken to a secret lab where they are exposed to radioactive caju dust which causes the freckle to greatly increase in size. After exposure to the dust, the freckle's unique characteristics become easily visible including their very own butt freckle.(a special glass bead sewn on the rear, example shown in last picture)"

Er, excuse me!?! Cuckoo... cuckoo... (can you see the little birdy going in and out)?

And then I may have seen one like this pretty lil gal... She is the Fancy Cake Butt Freckle.



And my heart may have softened a little bit...

So then I probably started looking at more... and I could have started to read the little back stories behind the names.

This is the Einstein Strawberry Butt Freckle
"A strawberry with hair. This sometimes happens in my fridge and I am sharing the results with you ^_^"



And then I giggled - because I may or may not have something in my fridge that looks like that.

You know what that means... I was starting to get hooked.



The Cauliflower Butt Freckle
"This funky nubby veggie is not one of my favorites but it has some darn cute freckles."

Blondes Have More Fun Butt Freckle
No witty story included. *sigh* I always get a bit down when there isn't a story.





And here are a few samples of the freckles that end up on the butts of these cuties. (So I guess it does have something to do with butts afterall.) Still not convinced? That's OK, you don't have to be. The man of the house still isnt'. His main question was... "What do you do with them?"

Funny, she address that, too...


"What to do with your freckle?
- hide it in the medicine closet
- stash it in your child's lunch
- make it pee on your son (thanks MaMeex5)
- throw it at the cat
- set it on your desk
- tag the back of your bro's head
The possibilities are endless!"

I particularly like 4 and 6!

All kidding aside, though... I chose to order a couple of these things because I came to admire the concept as a whole. This woman took something so simple and easy to make and is now selling them like mad! I believe her off-center humor and wit also add to the appeal.

When I first found her she had sold somewhere between 700-800 BFs... Her totals are now up to around 1700! 1700 BF's sold?! You can do the math, but that's a pretty good record for such a "silly" little product.



And for the record, I no longer think the Butt Freckle creator is deranged and/or Cuckoo! I would LOVE to find something so fun to make a sale and be as successful as she has. And honestly, these things bring a smile to my face everytime I see them. I'd say she's close to genius!

I'll share with you two of my favorite Butt Freckles.

The first one I ever bought:

Caramel Butt Freckle
(Because, I, like her, LOVE caramel)
"I don't like chocolate but I love caramel. From the processed cubes to melted topping. This guy is from homemade caramel from my mother in law's cheesecake.YUMMY"



Lemon Curd Butt Freckle
(because it's cute)
"Lemon Curd is great right off the spoon or you can add it to something like bread or scones. My last batch had this hairy freckle at the bottom of the bowl."

If you think you might one day like to buy a Butt Freckle, you can browse through her current and sold inventory by visiting her shop... just click here!

No comments: